Bible Verses You Need To Get Through Your First Semester

The LCU Blogging Team
October 19, 2018 at 9:00 AM

Your first college semester will test you in many ways. It’s exciting, scary, lonely, stressful, and joyful all wrapped into a jumble of emotions. You may find yourself feeling defeated, at times, and needing some spiritual guidance and peace. Where do you look for answers when you need them? The answers to all of your questions have always been right in front of you, in your Bible.

When your parents have gone home after move-in, and you’re wondering if you have what it takes, turn to God like you always have. Scripture is constant, and can help direct you as you navigate your way through this challenging and exhilarating time. Here are a few Bible verses to get you through your first semester.

When you’re worried

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God." – Philippians 4:6

"Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you." – 1 Peter 5:7

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." – Matthew 6:24

When you’re struggling

“For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” – Romans 8:14

“The LORD is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13

<Inline CTA blog: Adulting 101: Budgeting Principles>

When you’re happy

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” – Matthew 5:8

“Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.” – Psalm 47:1

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13

When you need to make a decision

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:6

“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” – Psalm 27:14

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11

When you’re tired

“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30

“Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” – Mark 6:31

Your faith has never been more important. It will lead you through these next few years, as it always has in the past. At LCU, you’ll have tons of resources when you need them. If you’re struggling or need to make decisions that will determine the course of your life, that’s a lot of pressure! Don’t be too hard on yourself. Turn to the word of God for strength and encouragement. And, of course, reach out to your professors, friends, or parents for advice when you need it. You’ve GOT THIS!

Choosing the right major is a big decision. We’ve compiled a helpful guide to help you decide what major is best for you. Click below to get the guide.

Choosing the Right Major for You